|Best darm Swim Camp, Bismarck ND|| |
May 3, 2012
This well established swim camp is stopping in Bismarck, ND. The camp will be held May 25-May 28th and features Milt Nelms, "horse Whisperer" of Swimming. His nickname is from an australian newspaper for his work with swimmers around the globe. For complete info and registration, please visit www.bestdarnswimcamp.com. Make sure to register for the one held in Bismarck.
Swim Camp Philosophy
Best Darn Swim Camp's Seminar is about teaching swimmer's healthier and more natural movements. The end results allow each swimmer the ability to swim faster, with more power, and with more control in the water.
Our base platform focuses on:
- Land Exercises
- In-Water Exercises
- Lecture Sessions & Seminars
- Minimum of 12 hours for each camp
- Coaches are invited to attend at no fee
The Best Darn Swim Camps are high-density learning experiences, and are unlike other camp experience. Swimmers have sessions where they do exercises, in and out of the water, that change movement patterns and stroke skills. Swimmers leave the camp with a deeper understanding of swimming, and with ideas that can “help them to help themselves” when they return to their own team and coaches.
Swim Camp Details
- AFFORDABLE - Camp fees, reduced travel to the camp sites, by taking the camps to local sites.
- QUALITY TIME - Each camp will include 12 hours of instruction.
- AGE - Minimum camper age is 11 years old and must be registered with USA Swimming.
- MANAGEABLE SIZE - Minimum camp size is 20 and a maximum of 40 swimmers, depending upon the diversity of age and ability of the campers
- COACHES - 100% of the camp is run personally by Milt Nelms and is adapted to the make-up of the campers. (Milt has worked the best swimmers in the world to help them improve their performances, designs beginning competitive swimmer programs, and also works to help people overcome lifelong fear of the water. He can adjust instruction to any level of competitive swimmer).
- CUTTING EDGE - Focus on healthier and more natural movements within the strokes (anecdotal reports by swimmers and coaches are that Milt's methods reduce typical swimming pain and injury)
- LEARN - The swimmers will learn by moving, but the camp is not a training camp. Swimmers are asked to rest and recover between sessions.
- ALL LEVELS - All levels of swimmers are accommodated-whether new and seasonal, or on an elite track.
- COACH INVOLVEMENT - Coaches are the operative individuals in the success of their athletes. Coaches of registered campers are encouraged to attend and are briefed and debriefed by Mr. Nelms each day. (coaches must attend all sessions)
Swim Camp Coaches
Coach Milt Nelms is an internationally
recognized authority in the area of swimming technique and athlete
development. He is widely considered being on the cutting edge of a
model for the future of competitive swimming. For years Coach Nelms
has been dedicated to exploring faster and healthier swimming. He
has been involved in all levels of swimming: teaching, coaching,
and sport politics.
He has spoken around the world on swimming technique and swimming programming, including a number of coaches’ conferences for USA Swimming, held at the Olympic Training Centers at Colorado Springs and in Lake Placid. He has advised top coaches and swimmers, and athletes.
Coach Nelms has been a collaborator with Olympic team technical advisor Bill Boomer, and 5 time head Olympic coach, (the late Richard Quick), having co-produced a series of videos called, “Championship Winning” produced by Championship Production. This series is one of the highest swimming video series sold.